Friday, October 3, 2008

My 3-D Birthday

I celebrated a birthday last weekend and for it, my girlfriend took me to a presentation by Frantic Films at the Silver City theater near Polo Park. Frantic displayed some of the process behind the work they did for "Journey to the Center of the Earth", a new film in a list of 3-D releases in an attempt to get people back in theaters, starring Brendan Fraser. Then we watched the film after the presentation. The work that Frantic did was amazing and the presentation by Kert Gartner of Frantic was interesting and well presented. One of my favorite parts of the screening (besides watching Fraser suck in 3-D) was in the previews. They showed a trailer for an upcoming 3-D film called "Coraline" which is directed by Henry Selick (directer of The Nightmare Before Christmas ) and it looks visually stunning.
See the preview in the embedded video below.

1 comment:

Adrian J.K. Shum, CGD said...

Whoa. That looks crazy... it's now on my 'need to watch' list.

Oh, and a happy belated birthday to you my friend! Now we'll definitely have to get together for drinks. Give me a shout!

Cheers!