Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mango Tango and High Speed Adventure or Suspended Water and Fruit Covered Fish

I think that I am going to start giving alternative titles to my posts a la old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons. Kind of like Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night or What You Will." I like the new technology where you can record television but now I have about 65 episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle on my PVR that I need to watch.

Anyway that was not the motivation for this post but rather another restaurant review. I am by no means a food critic and had no intention of creating a food review blog but if one stumbled upon this blog or my flickr page they would find a plethora of food pictures (Sí El Guapo, I know what a plethora is) and my opinion on the restaurant.

Samurai Sushi
Samurai Sushi at 330 Portage was where I had one of my favorite maki to date. The roll in the bottom right of the picture above is called a Mango Tango roll and it had the right blend of sweet and creamy between the thinly sliced mango and avocado. It also had a smokey BBQ flavour from the BBQ'd eel inside the roll.

Then, last night, I played around with high speed photography by taking pictures of my leaky faucet.

Playing with high speed
This was fun and led to playing with lighting to get dramatic effects like in this picture of Rae.

Rae rae
I like how her eyes are lit up and the way the combination of flash and slow shutter make her image clearer on the right hand side and softer on the left. Actually, its all a bit blurry, but still one of my favorites none the less.

pleth⋅o⋅ra  [pleth-er-uh] (dictionary.com)
–noun
1. overabundance; excess: a plethora of advice and a paucity of assistance.
2. Pathology Archaic. a morbid condition due to excess of red corpuscles in the blood or increase in the quantity of blood.

No comments: